Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ZF's Letter-There Is Hope!

I was an innocent little girl.
I did not understand that my brothers' deeds were serious.
I did not know I was being abused.

I was only seven
I am now entering adulthood
I am now confused, shocked, scared.

I was welcomed there with open arms
I was saddened that so many other Frum females had been abused

I found a wonderful place.
I thrived on it.
I thrived for I was understood.

I gained new insights and perspectives.
I was encouraged to be strong
I was encouraged to tell-

So I told

I told my mother what happened
I showed her the wonderful people who I met there.

I was hugged and comforted
I was accepted and loved
I was, once again, a child in my mother's arms

I am free to go on with my life
Secured
By the support I got on AUS.
By the support of my mother
I am free move on...


1 comment:

  1. ZF - Wow!!! I am really happy for you that you found this site, and the strength to tell your mother what happened.
    How lucky you are that your mother is so accepting and loving...
    Hatzlacha in everything!

    ReplyDelete

please be kind to all the survivors whose letters will be posted, we need gentle love, not bashing!